Description: The Health Information Technician organizes and manages health information data within the Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) Department. She or he ensures its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems. The Health Information Technician uses various classification systems to code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes, for databases and registries, for payroll purposes, and to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories. Finally, the Health Information Technician is responsible for other related administrative duties identified below as well as front desk / telephone responsibilities.
- Location: 28000 Woodward Avenue, Suite 100, Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067
- Schedule: Full-time position (M-F, 8:30 am – 5 pm)
- Compensation/Benefits: This is an hourly wage position. Medical, dental, and vision benefits available. 401(k) plan available.
All applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous medical records, medical billing, and/or computer experience in community health or similar operation preferred.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute required
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- Personal computer skills required.