- Reports To: Director of Nursing
- Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
- Schedule: This is a Part-Time position, 1-2 days per month
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Licensed to practice Respiratory Therapy in the State of Michigan.
- A minimum of one (1) year work experience as a respiratory therapist required.
- Ventilator experience within previous six (6) months required.
- Participation in competency-based assessments of skills on a regular basis.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- A valid Michigan State driver’s license with current automobile insurance coverage (where applicable) required.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
The Respiratory Therapist – Ventilator Instructor conducts ventilator training courses (both LTV and Trilogy, and other manufacturers as required) for HealthCall’s licensed staff, including but not limited to HealthCall’s Adult and Pediatric Respiratory Assessment and Management course as well as refresher courses and the New Graduate Training Program. Course expectations are outlined in associated course materials. The Instructor prepares and regularly updates all associated course materials in consultation with the Director of Nursing and Nurse Educators, and he / she reports to the Director of Nursing.
Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct as-needed, follow-up competencies in the field with staff members who successfully complete ventilator training.
- Participate in problem identification and goal setting.
- Provide respiratory therapy instruction in accordance with the organization’s clinical standards of care.
- Requisition and manage equipment and supplies required to facilitate ventilator training courses.
- Practice standard precautions.
- Timely record evaluation data.
Additional Skills Required:
- Personal Computer Skills;
- Business machine knowledge;
- Positive “can do” attitude;
- Self Directed;
- Team Player;
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. This Assistant DON position is separate from and replaces any and all former similar Assistant DON positions, including but not limited to any and all positions created by prior “Back-up Director of Nursing” addendums to the Clinical Supervisor position. The Assistant DON does not automatically ascend to the full-time position of Director of Nursing upon any official parting of the Director of Nursing.
- Personal Computer skills
- Business machine knowledge
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Self directed
- Team player
Exposure/Risk Category OSHA: At risk occupational exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most persons.
- Must be able to read 12 point or larger type.
- Must be able to safely carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds.