Description: The Health Information Technician organizes and manages health information data within the Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) Department. She/he/they ensures its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems. The Health Information Technician uses various classification systems to request prior authorizations, code services, and complete requests for reimbursement via both private insurance and Medicaid systems.
- Location: 28000 Woodward Avenue, Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067
- Schedule: Full-time position (M-F, 8:30 am – 5 pm)
- Compensation/Benefits: This is an hourly wage position. Medical, dental, and vision benefits available. 401(k) plan available.
All applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks. Additionally, all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent approved medical exception, as documented by a MD, DO, PA, or NP, or religious exception.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in medical billing is required
- Previous medical records, and/or computer experience in community health or similar operation preferred.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute required
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- Personal computer skills required.