HealthCall is a dually-accredited home and community services and private duty nursing agency, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability with regard to admission, access to treatment or employment. Admission to one of HealthCall’s three clinical programs – Pediatrics, Brain Injury Program, or Care, Recovery and Rehabilitation – can only be made under the direction of a physician, based upon the client’s identified care needs and the type of services required. Additionally,
- The client must live within the agency’s geographical service area, which includes more than 12 counties across Southeastern Michigan.
- The client must maintain a Primary Care Physician.
- The client must meet reasonable expectations that their needs can be met within his/her place of residence.
- The minimum service increment is four (4) continuous hours per day.
- Insurance Plans Accepted At HealthCall
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Commercial Insurance/Managed Care
- Habilitation Supports Waiver (HAB Waiver)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Mi Choice Waiver
- No-Fault Automobile Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Private Pay
HealthCall partners with area Medicaid authorities including AAA 1-B, CareLink, Children’s Special Health Care Services, CLS, ConsumerLink, DAAA, The Guidance Center, The Integrated Care Alliance, MCCMH, MORC, NSO, The Information Center and The Senior Alliance.
HealthCall complies with all applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or gender identity.