Description: At HealthCall, occupational services are part of the Behavioral Services division; clients are 16 months – 10 years of age. All services are provided in accordance with a plan of care. The Occupational Therapist’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: initial and interim assessment and evaluation of client’s level of functioning, including sensory profiles; problem identification and goal setting; development of the plan of treatment in consultation with the physician; provision of occupational therapy services in accordance with the plan of treatment; revision of the plan of treatment as needed; interdisciplinary coordination and adherence to the plan of care; client/family education as appropriate; evaluation and recommendation of mechanisms to enhance the client’s independence and quality of life; and timely recording of evaluation data, treatments, client’s response to therapy interventions.
- Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
- Schedule: This position may be either part-time or full-time
- Compensation: Competitive compensation with Direct Deposit and many other benefits, including: 24 hour on-call service and positive work environment.
All applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks. Additionally, all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent approved medical exception, as documented by a MD, DO, PA, or NP, or religious exception.
Minimum Requirement/Skills Required:
- Hold a Master’s of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold a current, unencumbered license to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Michigan.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ work experience as an occupational therapist.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Current BLS certification.
- Valid Michigan State driver’s license with current automobile insurance coverage (where applicable).
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Culturally sensitive to and inclusive of diverse staff and client populations.
- Team player
- Must be able to safely carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds.