Description: The Medical Social Worker-Behavioral Services participates in the delivery of autism assessment services within HealthCall’s Behavioral Services Department. In collaboration with the Medical Director and diagnostic team, the MSW seeks to enable each client to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, emotional, and psychosocial well-being. S/he collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants, organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support, and coordinate client care and to represent the best interests of HealthCall.
- Location: 28000 Woodward Avenue, Suite 201, Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067 as well as off-site clinics in Livingston, Lenawee and Washtenaw counties.
- Schedule: Full-time or part-time position. Work is available M – F 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- Compensation/Benefits: This is a salaried position. Medical, dental, and vision benefits available to full-time staff. 401K plan available. Other benefits include competitive compensation with Direct Deposit and many other benefits, including: 24 hour on-call service and positive work environment.
All applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks.
- Master’s of Social Work degree required.
- Unencumbered license or limited license to practice in the State of Michigan required.
- One or more years of social work experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience with pediatric care and autism services strongly preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Valid and current state driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to provide care in a variety of settings and/or situations.
- Culturally sensitive to a diverse client population.
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy, responsibility, and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with members of a team.
- Demonstrate compliance with accepted professional standards and practice; and
- Demonstrate excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.