Description: At HealthCall, speech-language pathology services are provided in accordance with a plan of care. Additionally, the SLP may participate in aspects of behavioral diagnostics through HealthCall Behavioral Services. The Speech-Language Therapist’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: initial and interim assessment and evaluation of the client’s level of speech, language, hearing, and swallowing function; problem identification and goal setting; development of the plan of treatment in consultation with the physician; provision of speech-language pathology services in accordance with the plan of treatment; revision of the plan of treatment as needed; interdisciplinary coordination and adherence to the plan of care; client/family education as appropriate; evaluation and recommendation of mechanisms to enhance the client’s speech, language, hearing, and swallowing ability; and timely recording of evaluation data, treatments, client’s response to therapy interventions.
- Location: Metro Detroit
- Schedule: This is a part-time position.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation with Direct Deposit and many other benefits, including: 24 hour on-call service and positive work environment.
All Applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks.
Minimum Requirement/Skills Required:
- Have the minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a therapy program from an accredited college/university
- SLP license in the State of Michigan or ASHA certification
- CPR certification
- Have a minimum of one (1) year work experience as a Speech Therapist
- TBI/spinal cord experience preferred
- Must have a valid Michigan State driver’s license with current automobile insurance coverage
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
- Self directed
- Team player
- Must be able to safely carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds