Description: The Health Information Assistant organizes and manages health information data within the Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) Department. She or he ensures its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems. The Health Information Assistant uses various classification systems to code and categorizes patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes, for databases and registries, and to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories. Finally, the Health Information Assistant is responsible for other related administrative duties identified below as well as front desk/telephone responsibilities.
- Location: 28000 Woodward Avenue, Suite 100, Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067
- Schedule: Part-time position available. (W-F, 8:30 am – 5 pm)
- Compensation/Benefits: This is an hourly wage position. Competitive compensation with Direct Deposit and many other benefits, and a positive work environment. Medical, pharmaceutical, dental and vision benefits available to those who qualify. 401(k) plan available.
All applicants are subject to thorough background and security checks.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Previous medical records, medical billing, and/or computer experience in community health or similar operation preferred.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute required
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- Personal computer skills required.